The Falconeer: Become the Falconeer and soar through the skies aboard a devastatingly powerful Warbird. Uncover secrets lost to the sea as you join or oppose different factions and clans scattered throughout The Great Ursee. Take advantage of multiple Falconeer classes with individual stats, weapons and warbirds that can be upgraded through winning battles, completing quests, discovering secrets, or applying Mutagens or Chants. Use ocean thermals and energy to dive, dodge, barrel-roll, and twist to gain an advantage. The Falconeer is an open-world air combat game, featuring fast, brutal aerial dogfights and deep exploration of an incredible fantasy open-world set not only above the clouds but also amongst the waves and down through the sunken, ocean depths.
The Great Ursee is an ancient place, filled with beautifully detailed locations to find and explore, not only above the clouds, but also below the waves. Discover sparks of order and civilization as well as wild and dangerous coasts filled with treasure, pirates, lost technology and amazing creatures.
The new RX 6700 XT graphics cards are set to release in New Zealand on Friday the 19th of March at 2am. That’s right folks, AMD have officially announced the new RX 6700 (XT) graphics cards, showing FPS tests and revealing specifications in another “Where Gaming Begins” special event.
The fun stuff really begins 236 seconds in, following an AMD intro filled with big numbers, and many pats on backs, which comes to a head with BIG NAVI reveal.
The new RX 6700 (XT) Graphics Cards are set to replace the RX 5700 series, and compete with the RTX 3060 / 3070 graphics cards performance wise, so we’re expecting good things. AMD revealed a performance comparison during the presentation showing FPS gains in Assassin Creed Valhalla + Dirt 5, losses in Watch Dogs Legion and Gears 5, along with a few others and more marginal ups and downs – the most important one is likely Call of Duty: Cold War, which is sure to have plenty of benchmarks appear online closer to launch 😉
AMD then continued on to show the potential FPS upgrades for those who own an RTX 2080 Super, and it was a good reminder about the significant performance boost we’re getting out of all the latest graphics card releases.
At a glance the new RX 6700 XT looks great, with new HDMI 2.1 for those gaming on fancy new TVs, and that beautiful AMD cooler design, now with dual fans.
The 12GB memory is like what we’ve just seen from Nvidia and their RTX 3060, and AMD continues to explain the move by showing the memory used by Call of Duty: Cold War, Dirt 5, Horizon Zero Dawn and Red Dead Redemption 2 while 1440P gaming at max settings – crazy high!
The presentation continued on showing lots more about AMD Ray-Tracing and some absolutely beautiful examples of these fancy lighting features in action. showing short segments on how Radeon Anti-Lag aims to make gaming more responsive, and AMD FreeSync makes gameplay smoother,.
AMD wrapped up but showing a massive range of aftermarket cooler designs from ASRock, Powercolor, Gigabyte, MSi, Sapphire and more too – all looking utterly awesome!
COD Black OPS Cold War: A gripping single-player Campaign awaits players, come face-to-face with historical figures and hard truths, battle around the globe through iconic locales like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, Soviet KGB headquarters, and more!
The next chapter of the iconic Black Ops Multiplayer experience is here, defined by signature combat, deniable operations, and a connected experience across platforms and generations.
Black Ops Cold War will also support and build on the hit, free-to-play PC game experience Call of Duty: Warzone.
Experience the next generation of global combat in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War with NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 30 Series. Dedicated RT Cores for ray tracing and Tensor Cores for groundbreaking AI acceleration with NVIDIA DLSS. NVIDIA Reflex for the lowest latency and best responsiveness. GeForce RTX 30 Series.
Woohooo! New Nvidia GeForce graphics cards have been revealed and it’s all looking very good indeed for gamer’s in New Zealand with the most powerful RTX 3080 expected arrive first, followed by the RTX 3090 and lastly RTX 3070 graphics card models.
Looking closer at the flagship RTX 3090 we see a massive PCB and cooler, with 24GB GDDR6X memory under the hood for the fastest possible performance. Oddly, the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 reference cooler design looks to outtake air in new directions – not to worry though, lots of great aftermarket versions are coming our way 🙂
Quickly recapping the key points from the Nvidia presentation, the new RTX 30 series graphics cards were unveiled during a virtual launch event by NVIDIA founder and CEO Jensen Huang. During the event which it was also announced that Fortnite, the pop culture gaming phenomenon, is turning on RTX real-time ray tracing, adding four ray-traced features for a more immersive gaming experience, including reflections, shadows, global illumination and ambient occlusion. Fortnite is the latest blockbuster game to turn RTX On, joining Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and a large group of AAA titles, such as Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2 and Watch Dogs: Legion – which was also highlighted in a game bonus offer. (we’ve asked the Nvidia team to see if we’re eligible in NZ.)
Huang additionally revealed powerful new tools for gamers, including NVIDIA Reflex, which makes competitive gamers quicker; Omniverse Machinima, for video game storytelling using real-time computer graphics engines; and NVIDIA Broadcast, which harnesses AI to turn any room into a home broadcast studio.
“Today’s launch of NVIDIA Ampere GPUs is a giant step into the future,” said Huang. “The work of thousands of engineering years, the GeForce RTX 30 Series delivers our greatest generational leap ever. NVIDIA RTX fuses programmable shading, ray tracing and AI for developers to create entirely new worlds. Twenty years from now, we’ll look back and realise that the future of gaming started here.”
The new RTX 30 Series GPUs are packed full of cutting-edge features, with over two decades of graphics R&D, technology including:
– World’s fastest graphics memory: NVIDIA has worked with Micron to create the world’s fastest discrete graphics memory for the RTX 30 Series, GDDR6X. It provides data speeds of close to 1TB/s system memory bandwidth for graphics card applications, maximising game and app performance.
– Next-gen process technology: New 8N NVIDIA custom process from Samsung, which allows for higher transistor density and more efficiency.
– New streaming multiprocessors: The building block for the world’s fastest, most efficient GPU, delivering 2x the FP32 throughput of the previous generation, and 30 Shader-TFLOPS of processing power.
– Second-gen RT Cores: New dedicated RT Cores deliver 2x the throughput of the previous generation, plus concurrent ray tracing and shading and compute, with 58 RT-TFLOPS of processing power.
– Third-gen Tensor Cores: New dedicated Tensor Cores, with up to 2x the throughput of the previous generation, making it faster and more efficient to run AI-powered technologies, like NVIDIA DLSS, and 238 Tensor-TFLOPS of processing power.
– DLSS: AI-Powered Gaming Acceleration NVIDIA DLSS, one of the biggest graphics breakthroughs of the past decade, uses the deep learning neural network powered by RTX Tensor Cores. When enabled, DLSS improves performance in titles such as Control, Minecraft with RTX for Windows 10 and Death Stranding, while generating images that are comparable to native resolution. DLSS will be heading to Boundary, Bright Memory Infinite, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Cyberpunk 2077, Fortnite, Ready or Not, Scavengers and Watch Dogs: Legion. For those with more powerful PC configurations, a new Ultra Performance mode enables DLSS to run up to 8K
– NVIDIA RTX IO: Enables rapid GPU-based loading and game asset decompression, accelerating input/output performance by up to 100x compared with hard drives and traditional storage APIs. In conjunction with Microsoft’s new DirectStorage for Windows API,(1) RTX IO offloads dozens of CPU cores’ worth of work to the RTX GPU, improving frame rates and enabling near- instantaneous game loading.
You can watch the full Nvidia event recap on YouTube above, we’ll continue to get all the details together and get ready for some massive game FPS testing – will there be an performance advantage to PCIe 4.0? Will the 313mm length have us cutting cases so it can fit? We’re excited to find out.
Nvidia have a new game bonus offer and it’s for those gearing up with the new RTX 3070, RTX 3080 or RTX 3090 graphics cards, or gaming PC featuring this awesome hardware.
WATCH DOG: LEGION: Gear up and get ready for some awesome hack-attacking! With an entire population of potential recruits and the city’s technology at your fingertips, you’ll need to hack, infiltrate, and fight your way to a liberated London.
The full game is set launch on October 29th 2020 and the Ubisoft team worked with Nvidia to bring gamer’s the ultimate experience, enhanced with immersive ray-traced reflections and performance-accelerating DLSS!
The Nvidia Watch Dogs: LEGION game bonus offer is valid on purchases from September 17th – October 30th, 2020 or while code supplies last. (codes expire November 30th)
This promotion is only available from selected RTX graphics cards, quick links below for all models included in this promotion. (See the full range of Nvidia RTX at PB Tech)